Did You Know?...


The first 5 ingredients on a product's label are what really matters. Meaning, if it's not at the top of the list, chances are there's not much of it in the product to make much of a difference.

So, I've been noticing a lot that companies are pushing hyaluronic acid (HA), a natural substance that helps keep skin smooth and plump through its ability to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, as a main ingredient in their moisturizers and serums. But when I look at the label, it's listed way down on the list. So what good is it doing if it's down there?

One company in particular sent me a serum to test. It's claim to fame was that the serum was super concentrated with the acid. Of course, I was excited and couldn't wait to get it. I've used a moisturizer with it before and absolutely luuuvvvvdd it and did notice a difference in my skin(more on that later). So I get the serum and check out the label and to my surprise, HA is the ninth ingredient on a list of 20+ ingredients. Now, I know that ninth isn't a horrible spot, but I would've expected it to be listed as the second or third ingredent on there since it's soooo "super concentrated" with the stuff.....no?

Just a thought, if you're planning on buying a product because of a particular ingredient, be sure to check the label!





eva-k

1 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I always thought it was the first 3 ingredients.

Thanks for the heads up!

7/22/09, 7:39 AM

Post a Comment

About

I'm just a simple girl with a complicated obsession, I love all things beauty...and I need to talk about it!

Contact

Email me at...
thebeautynista@gmail.com

Archives

Classic Beauties

Classic Beauties

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers